We have compiled a variety of resources to help you with your Green Team and the certification process. On this page you will find:
Customize the sample resolution for your town to use.
GREEN TEAM RESOURCES AND PRESENTATIONS
Review the list of on-line resources available to help Green Teams.
WHY GET CERTIFIED?
Don’t be left behind! With 85 municipalities registered, it's time to find out about the program benefits.
Get the program guidelines and the latest updates.
- Certification Overview: Including Program Updates and Application Cycle
- Sustainable Maryland History
- Sustainable Maryland Introductory Presentation
- Sustainable Maryland Overview Brochure
Getting Your Green Team Started
- Getting Started with Sustainable Maryland
- Create a Green Team -- Read through this action under the Community Action category to understand what the purpose of the Green Team is, why it is important, and how to get it started.
- Growing Your Green Team: A Handbook for Sustainable Maryland Communities -- This in-depth handbook from Sustainable Maryland Certified (a program modeled after Sustainable Jersey) is an extensive resource for both starting your Green Team and making it more effective. This handbook should be the first resource for all Green Teams. While there are some differences between municipal structures and roles between the two states, the handbook is easily adaptable for New Jersey Green Teams.
Certification & Re-Certifcation
- Guidance for Each Program Action
- Developing a Green Team Action Plan
- Preparing for Certification (2022)
- FREE PDF Creation Software for creating pdfs when uploading documentation to your application.
Sustainable Maryland Logos
- Logos for Registered Communities
- Circle Logo (JPG)
- Banner Logo (JPG)
- Logo for Certified Communities: Certified communities receive a customized certification logo that includes the town name. Contact email@example.com to receive a copy of your municipality's custom logo.
Sample Resolutions and Ordinances
- Municipal Resolution for Sustainable Maryland registration.
- Establishing a Green Team Ordinance or Resolution? Review the Create a Green Team action prior to adoption.