Sustainable Maryland identifies resources to help municipalities develop a comprehensive sustainable community program. This includes financial resources in the form of grants and incentives, and technical support in the form of trainings, access to support organizations, and guidance material.
This MML Sustainability Resource page provides website links to various sustainability tools to help communities promote social equity, protect environmental well-being, and ensure economic vitality.
Fund sustainable projects with grants.
Sustainable Maryland registered towns get special priority access and notification of incentives and grants.
- Sustainable Maryland Grants Portal: This is our comprehensive listing of resources that can be easily searched and customized to your interests. You can do a quick search, or create a profile that will automatically match your search preferences with known grants.
Access training, tools and expert guidance.
Sustainable Maryland provides clear “how to” guidance and Maryland-specific tools and resources for developing a comprehensive sustainable community program.
- Sustainable Maryland Certification Actions/Tool Kits: Each Sustainable Maryland certification action has a tool kit that provides information about who should be involved, project costs and resource needs, why it is important and what to do to get the action done.
- Trainings and Workshops: Regular training workshops, webinars and leadership meetings provide you with connections to the leading experts in important municipal sustainability issues. Request a Green team Training or a training on a specific topic by emailing email@example.com or call 301-405-7956.
- Sustainable Maryland Green Team Resources: Access a library of presentations, FAQs, resolutions, an evaluation rubric, webinars, guides for working through the program, and more!
- The Maryland Smart Energy Communities (MSEC) Program: Assists Maryland communities in their renewable energy and efficiency efforts. Funded projects (solar, EVs, LED streetlights, etc.) are eligible for points on a town's Sustainable Maryland municipal application. FY20 grants will be announced in Fall 2019.
- Technical Guidance: Do you have a question or need to find information? Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 301-405-7956. Or post a question on the Sustainable Maryland Facebook page.