Check out our sustainability calendar of events for a wide range of conference, trainings, and programs across the region. In addition, we post information regarding Sustainable Maryland-sponsored events. You can also post events of interest to the Sustainable Maryland community by clicking on "Add Event" at right. This link will only appear if you are logged into the website. Click on "Sign in or sign up" on the top left of this page to log in.
Scroll down this page to see upcoming events listed in date order by category or search for specific events using the filters below.
To access past webinar recordings or download workshop presentations, click on "Past Webinars and Training" at right.
March 15, 2018 to March 25, 2018
Various Venues Throughout The D.C. Area - See Website for More Details
A 2 week long event celebrating films garnered towards environmental topics and issues.
Founded in 1993, the Environmental Film Festival in the Nation’s Capital has become one of the world’s largest and most influential showcases of environmental film and a major collaborative cultural event in Washington, D.C.
May 12, 2018 - 10:00 am to 4:00 pm
Culler Lake in Baker Park, Frederick, MD
he Green Neighbor Committee is once again hosting the Green Neighbor Festival, on Saturday May 12, 2018. The goal of the event is to promote sustainable living practices, environmentally friendly activities, and local green businesses in Frederick County. Last year’s event attracted nearly 1000 attendees and we anticipate more this year.
Event organizers are expanding the day’s activities and entertainment to include:
• live acoustic music sponsored and coordinated by Frederick Acoustic Music Enterprise (FAME).
• a sustainability bike-ride around Frederick hosted by The City of Frederick,
• local “green” and environmentally sustainable-minded vendors,
• collection of hard-to-recycle items by our vendors (see the list of accepted items),
• family-friendly activity area hosted by Frederick County Office of Sustainability and Environmental Resources